Understanding Office 365 and SharePoint
Course Duration: One Day
This course is suitable for those using Office 365 / SharePoint Online.
An Office 365 / SharePoint Online training environment is provided for all attendees to do hands on exercises.
This course is offered as a hands-on course in a public or private setting.
Email email@example.com to be waitlisted for a public course.
Ask us about running this onsite for your team!
Our NEWEST OFFERING is a Virtual Class in our Online School. School details Here,
Participate from anywhere! Learn from the comfort of your office or home, without the expense incurred to public training.
For updates subscribe here.
PRICE: $775 (plus GST)
Virtual Class – Details Here
$345 (incl GST)
This course is designed for people who are new to Office 365 and SharePoint and want to quickly get up to speed with the basics of creating and managing a SharePoint site. It covers key out-of-the-box functionality to help you start managing information more effectively.
It also includes an Office 365 capability demonstration – not only so you can see what apps there are, but also help you think about opportunities for improvement through integration between SharePoint and other applications.
- Power Users;
- Site Administrators;
- Project Managers;
- people wanting to learn the “how-to” of SharePoint building blocks and functionality;
- anyone who needs to look after their SharePoint site, make modifications and improve on what you already have!
By the end of this course attendees will be able to:
- Describe how the apps within Office 365 can meet business needs
- Identify key technology concepts associated with SharePoint
- Create and configure document libraries and lists
- Create effective views
- Effectively work with documents
- Identify what MS Teams involves, and when it could be used
- Create modern pages and use them to display webparts
MODULE 1: Office 365 Capability
- Meet Office 365
- Mobile Me
- Me with a colleague
- Me in a team
- Me as part of an organisation
- Me as a learner
MODULE 2: Personal Documents (OneDrive for Business)
- Keep all your personal ‘at work’ documents in the cloud: access them from anywhere
- Create, File, Edit, Save, personal documents in OneDrive
- Use Word (and other Office Apps) online
- Sync to computer
MODULE 3: SharePoint Planning
- SharePoint Key Concepts
- SharePoint Sites
- Roles and SharePoint Permission
- SharePoint planning considerations
MODULE 4: SharePoint Pages for Providing Key Information
- The Fundamentals
- Editing your Home page
- Creating pages
- Navigation Elements
MODULE 5: SharePoint Libraries and File Management
- Introducing Libraries
- Using Libraries
- Metadata Columns
- Managing Views
- Library Settings
MODULE 6: SharePoint Lists
- Introducing Lists
- Creating Lists
- Working with lists
- OneNote for Productivity