Auckland 2 May 2019, Price: $750 (plus GST) per person REGISTER NOW
(This is a POST Digital Workplace 2019 Conference workshop)
One of the collaboration strengths of Microsoft Teams is its relatively simple hierarchy, focused on improving small team (inner loop) collaboration and communication. However, organizations still need to be thoughtful about how they align their broader information architecture (IA) across all Office 365 workloads.
In the first half of the workshop led by Microsoft MVP and collaboration expert Christian Buckley, we will walk through the out-of-the-box administrative, compliance, and auditing capabilities of Microsoft Teams to ensure that participants are aware of the capabilities (and limitations) of Teams administration.
During the second half of the day, we will outline the core tenets of your O365 IA (for most organizations, built within SharePoint) and discuss how these translate across the other workloads, and specifically Microsoft Teams. We’ll cover where the information lives, who has access, and how Teams impacts your long-term information management strategy.
Participants will walk away with a better understanding of:
- The administration capabilities in Teams, from provisioning through archiving
- The impacts of naming conventions between SharePoint, O365 Groups, Teams
- Where new site templates and capabilities work best with across workloads
- How site hierarchies, organization patterns, and unique permissions translate across workloads
- Why content life-cycles, and possible retention/disposition strategies, and bloated structures impact content freshness and usability, as well as long-term search and discovery
- How metadata, taxonomy, navigation, and data management are still important — even within a flat Teams hierarchy
- Ongoing administration issues and best-practices
Instructor: Christian Buckley
Christian Buckley is a Microsoft Regional Director and MVP; Founder & CEO of CollabTalk LLC, an independent research and technical marketing services firm located in Salt Lake City, Utah; and the CMO for revealit.io, an interactive video technology company.
Born and raised in the San Francisco East Bay, Christian built his reputation as a award-winning marketer in the Microsoft ISV community as a Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Evangelist, and as part of the team that launched Office 365 at Microsoft.
During his 25+ year career, he has presented at more than 250 events around the world, and worked with some of the world’s largest companies on social, collaboration, and supply chain solutions, selling his first company to Rational Software in 2001.
A very active blogger and co-author of books on both SharePoint and software configuration management, Christian is one of the most widely published names within the Microsoft ecosystem. He can be found online at buckleyplanet.com and @buckleyplanet.