Managing Documents workshop
Course Duration: Half Day
This is a 3-hour workshop-style hands-on training session.
This course is suitable for those using Office 365 / SharePoint Online, as well as SharePoint on Premise.
An Office 365 / SharePoint Online training environment is used for attendees.
This can also be on-site help for a group of your staff –
ask us about pricing to run this for your team!
PRICE: $299 (plus GST)
Take your document management in SharePoint to the next level.
Learn how to target metadata, use templates and workflows so file shares become a thing of the past.
A basic familiarity with SharePoint (such as how to create a library) would be advantageous, but not essential.
Attendees are required to BRING YOUR OWN LAPTOP to the course.
- Those who need to create and manage their document libraries;
- anyone who needs to understand Metadata and Views to make it simple for users to access their information.
MODULE 1: CONFIGURING LIBRARIES
- Creating Libraries
- Versioning Settings
- Check in , Check out and advanced features
- Permissions – Inheritance and Limiting Access
MODULE 2: DISPLAYING DOCUMENTS
- Creating Effective Views
- Pages and Web Parts to Display Key Documents
MODULE 3: EFFECTIVE DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
- Folders or Metadata?
- Column Default Values
- Content Approval on Items
- Out-of-the-box Workflows on Documents
MODULE 4: MANAGING CONTENT TYPES
- Adding Existing Content Types
- Site Columns vs. List Columns
- Creating Content Types to Manage Multiple Types of Documents (and Templates) in the same Library